A Canadian writer teaches English and finds out what it's like to be a foreigner.

Monday, January 01, 2007

I Heart Canada & the Internet

Thanks to the glorious collection of tubes that is the internet, I am able to sit here on New Year's Day in Korea, and listen to CBC's "Definitely Not The Opera" year end podcast and hear Sook Yin-Lee sing a duet of Tony Bennett's "Rags to Riches" with former Governor-General Adrienne Clarkson.

I feel a burning desire to run through the streets singing "O Canada."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Sam!

Pam expressed excitement when she emailed me just after you left to let us know of your blog site. Exciting! Unfortunately,I haven't been following you in the last few months but will make a point to do so in 2007.(Isn't that a resolution?) Fun to learn about other cultures and to hear of your experiences. Have a great time and looking forward to hearing more. Cheers, Sally Dean (val's little sister, hahahhaha.)