A Canadian writer teaches English and finds out what it's like to be a foreigner.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Nah-nah

Not much interesting has been happening lately, but I'll share a neat little cultural-crossover I learned of this week.

Paul and one of the girls were playfully teasing each other and suddenly Paul threw up his hands and announced "Mirrorgate!" as if he was executing a stylish Yu-Gi-Oh Card technique.

I thought it was funny, so I asked what he meant. He said that it was like a shield against insults that reflected them back at the hurler like they were looking in a mirror.

Sort of like the playground taunt "I'm rubber you're glue, what ever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!" only adapted to fit the style of kids whose doodles of puppy dogs even have "Hit Point" stats...

2 comments:

Irrelephant said...

It also sounds strangely like one of those 'barely made it into production' horror movies that Lion's Gate puts out about once a month to fill the empty bits between mega-hits!

"MIRRORGATE: Can you face the unmitigated horror when it stares back at you?"

Sam said...

Or something by Neil Gaiman...