A Canadian writer teaches English and finds out what it's like to be a foreigner.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

I Feel Pretty


I think this is pretty much the best photo of 2007.

Despite the obvious significance of the summit to take place between the Two Koreas later this month, I think J-Il's mind is elsewhere.

In fact, if I didn't know any better I could swear by that impish grin and deliberately concealed twinkle-o-the-eye, that the Dear Leader is so pleased by the success of Yonggary director Shim Hyung-rae's new movie D-War that he is planning the entire summit as an elaborate ruse to kidnap Mr. Shim and coerce him into making the long overdue Pulgasari II.

1 comment:

Shane Patenaude said...

That rascal. You just know he's grinning because he sneaked a quick nibble of Mrs. Jenkin's apple pie as it cooled on the balcony.